Solar Water Heating Systems
ThermosiphonPassive heat exchange system
- Thermosiphon is a method of passive heat exchange, based on natural convection, which circulates the hot water from the solar collector to the tank without the need of a pump.
- The system consists of Solar Collector and an insulated tank.
- Thermosiphon system is the most affordable system for houses.
DomesticActive system for households
- Active system utilizes pump to circulate the cold water to the Solar Collectors where it is heated by the sun, and then back to an insulated tank.
- The system consists of Solar Collectors, System Controller, pump, insulated tank and piping.
- Active system is the best choice for bigger households.
Swimming PoolSwimming pool heating
- Solar Pool Heating is one of the most profitable use cases for solar energy. It is the most efficient way of heating the pool water in spring and autumn.
- The system consists of Solar Collectors, advanced System Controller, pump, valves and piping.
Floor HeatingHouse and business heating
- Solar floor heating works as a pre-heating for the main heater, such as gas heater, thus reducing the use of the main heater. This will lower your energy bill.
- The system consists of Solar Collectors, advanced System Controller, pump, insulated tank and piping.
How does it work?
Solar water heating system reduces your energy bill (gas or electricity) by providing you with free solar energy for water heating.
Solar water heating system harvests solar energy through a solar collector which absorbs light and heat from the sun and heats the water that flows through the solar collector. The heated water is transferred to an insulated tank which feeds the building’s water heating system. A solar controller is an electronic device that is used to control the system. It controls a pump to enable the water circulation from the tank to the solar collectors and then back to the tank. The solar controller also controls valves which are used to direct water flow in advanced water heating systems.
The solar water heating is great for homes. Furthermore, any business or facility that needs hot water can benefit from the system, especially if there’s need for large quantities of hot water. Solar water heating is very feasible water heating method for hotels, spas, business centers, restaurants, factories, etc.
The solar collectors are not suitable for providing heat to the regular heating system with radiators. However, if you have underfloor heating system, you can use the solar water heating system to preheat the water that is fed into the gas heater (kombi) and thus reduce the gas consumption.
Appropriately sized systems can provide 60-70% of the annual hot water need.
Don't find what you're looking for?
Our Solar Engineers are ready to customize a system that will work for you.